THE REALITY BLOG

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Journey to the center of my native..


Today, my family decided to go to our native since it's been quite a long since we visited the place last time. Being the head of the family, my dad made all the necessary arrangements for the 1 and a half hour journey. We decided to go by my sister's car which was quite small to give room comfortably for even 4 adults. In total, there were 6 adults including the driver who was here since none of us know car driving. Now, the all the eyes turned at me and I understood where I am going to have my place in the car. At the front, one more person can sit beside the driver comfortably. I was made to sit between the driver and my mom, which means I was literally sitting on the gear board. For the first few minutes of travel, I didn't find anything uncomfortable except for the way people outside peeped into the car to find where I was sitting. But, as the journey continued and sun started to scorch the roads, I felt a slight pain on my back. I realized that it was just the start since not even half of the total upward distance was not covered y then. I decided to sleep even though I was put in a completely uncomfortable position inside the car so that towards the end of the journey when the back pain becomes unbearable, I wouldn't feel a thing about it. Unfortunately, the hot atmosphere, both within and outside the car, didn't allow me to have the nap I wished to have. So, I had to undergo a physical strain on my back when we reached the end of the road. I had a big sigh of relief when I popped out of the car and had a good walk under the hot sun for about 10 minutes before entering my uncle's place. I was so happy since the pain had so after effects and I was able to move properly. When we were about to start our journey back to Chennai, again, I was the most unfortunate in the car next to the four wheels that had to roll down the white hot roads. I had no choice. I again tried to get some sleep on the gear board setup. But, I was not in a good position to do what I liked. The journey came to an end few minutes back and I can still feel the pain in on my right knee which was completely covered by the driver's left leg. To add to the tragedy, the driver had his left leg rested on my right knee for the whole journey back home. Now, I am going to try some thermal treatments on my knee and I'll get back to the business (Blogging) very soon!

1 comments:

Dharini Balachandran said...

hahahah...this always happens when we plan for a short trip with a small...ultimately the youngest wud be the sufferer

My Blog List