THE REALITY BLOG

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time to say good bye..



Finally, my expectations were defeated in my house last night at 7. I love kittens and especially the ones that were with me till yesterday. Putting a denial in front of you against the fact that my parents and I faced a lot of problems because of these kittens will be totally unfair. I do accept that we were on a S**T job till yesterday. But, they are 3 month old kittens. It's hard and unacceptable to expect discipline and good behavior from them. Their actions can be justified when we consider the moments when we totally forgot what discipline really means. I can prove anyone who says the kittens are bad wrong because they are not really bad. They are kittens. They are innocent except for when they run behind their preys. That is their way of life. That is how they are calibrated by God to live. The mother gave birth to 4 cute and adorable kittens 3 months ago. About 50 days back, the eldest kitten, which I call that way keeping in mind its size and weight, passed away after suffering almost for a week from some bacterial infection. I dug him a graveyard in my backyard and gave him a muddy send off party. I still remember his eyes. They looked innocent and tired. After making sure that wouldn't happen again to any of the remaining kittens, I was determined to grow them till they became independent. They grew up. They were with me till yesterday. I knew it was time to get them over to a safe place so that all the discomforts my parents felt with 3 kittens at home would be thrown away. I even decided a safe place for these kittens near my friend's place. I chose that place because it was dark, safe and closer to my friend's place, which I visited habitually. I wanted to make sure I see them grow though they couldn't be kept at my place anymore. When I came home to get these kittens readied for a journey they have never been on in their lives, I found two of the kittens missing already. I understood what could have happened in my absence. My parents took the kittens to a not so posh area near my place and set them free. They say they set them FREE. They never knew they have toppled the lives of two small creatures. The third one was so lucky that my parents couldn't get their hands on it since it is a hyper-active kitten and is the eldest now. Now, all that I am left with in my place is a kitten who is still searching for his sister and brother. I hope the other two lives as long as the cat with the longest life on Earth lived.

0 comments:

My Blog List