THE REALITY BLOG

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The abandoned patio..


The place you witness in the picture I've put here is my terrace. There were days when I spent more than 4 hours at a stretch on my terrace. Since the whole locality is considered to be the hub of cultural heritage and dominated primarily by residential structures, you can't find even a single obstruction at least for the next 4 or 5 kilometers, which would be quite clear if you have a glance at Chennai from my terrace. I can't assure you of the visibility of the whole of Chennai city from here because mine isn't the tallest apartment in the region. Also, you can enjoy the cool winds blowing across your body when you pay a visit to my terrace after 6 P.M. Most of my friends prefer spending time on the terrace than within my place, which, I guess, is because of the fact that the kittens have made a complete mess of the whole place. Even I opt for my terrace if given a choice to select my living place. :P These are quite smaller significances that cling on to the terrace. It means a lot to those small birds, which have become frequent visitors to our terrace since my mom love them as much as she loves me and feeds them with boiled rice made from what is known as the Rs.2 rice bags provided by the Government. I don't know how these birds convince themselves to take their beaks on their feed for it smells like something that smells really bad. I don't know what the worst smell I've ever experienced in my life is. But, I am quite sure the smell of this feed for birds made out of the rice provided at a very low price by the Tamil Nadu Government would occupy a place on the list of top 10 extremely bad smelling food items in the world! I have a strong feeling that says these birds don't have the sense of smell. It has been raining pretty heavily for the past few days and the roads are almost lost and may be found when the rain water stagnant on the surface drains off in few days and the Government sends its team comprising of Archeological experts to dig out the road which it laid for use by the people of the state. Our terrace had greater exposure to the heavy downpour and this restricted birds and squirrels from coming out of their warm and cozy nests built of twigs and other things which we threw calling them 'WASTES'. With the surface being wet for these creatures to even step on, I don't know where they are getting their feeds from for the past few gray and wet days. I've never seen my terrace so empty in the past and I was shocked to find not even a single living creature moving briskly across the terrace, which was a very common sight few days back. The terrace which was once flooding with squirrels and birds like crows, pigeons, woodpeckers and black dodo is now wearing an empty look, which is really worrying. I wish to see things come back to normal sooner and the blue sky as early as possible so that I can make sure these creatures still remember our terrace that was once hosting food carnivals for all these tiny living creatures on every single day. I am expecting the best for all these tiny friends of mine before long! :-)

0 comments:

My Blog List