THE REALITY BLOG

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Do we really respect the Father of our nation?




As far as we all know, Government wine shops, which are popularly known as TASMAC, and other outlets where liquors will be available on normal days should remain closed today which marks the birth of a Mahatma. I was taken aback after looking at what happened just outside a Government wine shop today in the evening. There were 3 men standing outside TASMAC and they were involved in some discussion among themselves. Suddenly, the shutter of the shop moved up slightly and I saw a man crawling out of the shop. I wasn't shocked to see the man coming out from a place which was supposed to remain closed today. But, what he carried with him hidden in his pants gave me a reason to question the respect these people have got for the man who is considered as the Father of the nation. If my friend who was standing beside me is not wrong, what he carried was Royal Challenge whisky in his right hand. This doesn't show the extent to which these liquors make one addicted to them. It shows the extent to which people have gone that they are totally uncontrollable over their temptations and desires. They can't hold on even for a day without liquors. Everyone is to be blamed here. I was passing by the shop and noticed what was happening there. I am pretty much sure even the Government officials who should have a check on these are very much aware of the illegal sale of liquor today. People who buy these hot drinks and also the one who sold the product know for sure that today is the day several years back when a Mahatma was born. Everyone is to be blamed here. During the course, we have forgotten what makes Gandhiji the Mahatma and what the purpose of the freedom he won for us after a non-violent fight is. If I had asked the alcoholic about freedom, I am too confident that he would reply 'Drinking even on Gandhi Jayanthi is freedom'. Let us not forget a great man.

0 comments:

My Blog List